I'm sorry for the long silence. I am getting busy with our mission so I think the reason for my absence is more than valid!
What have I been doing? Well, I started with simple lifestyle changes. To mention a few:
- I cut off all sugary drinks. No more soda and even artificial fruit juices.
- I veer away from fast food. No matter how tired I am and no matter how much I love cheeseburger, I say no. I try to cook (healthy) meals as much as possible.
- I do not eat in between meals but when I do, I munch on fruits. Before all this, I can live without eating any fruit ever. So this is a major change, indeed.
- I read about fitness A LOT to keep me motivated. My current favorite, workouthq.org, has a lot of informative articles and product reviews. Which led me to...
- Buying a treadmill and running on it at least 1 hour daily.
I know I need to do more, or at least remain consistent. I have lost 6 lbs. in a month! As they say, celebrate small wins!